Pages

Friday, March 25, 2011

iPad2

Well, March 11th I went to BestBuy right after work.  I wanted to compare my 1st Gen iPad with the new to be released at 5pm iPad2.  There were probably 75 people in line.  I just strolled right inside.  All I wanted was to see the difference in weight and size.  Bummer...they weren't even on display until 5pm.  I went home...heck, I already the 1st Gen.  But...I went back the next day.  The iPad 2 is SO much thinner it's amazing (see shot below).  That alone did it for me.  I LOVE to read on my Ipad.  The thinner iPad2 is much easier to hold for long periods of time.  I use the Kindle app because the pages turn much better than the iBooks app.  I had purchased the new Kindle3 a few weeks ago because it is so much lighter than my iPad.  I returned it because I couldn't see the screen.  That e-ink is not all it's cracked up to be.  The Kindle is VERY light which was awesome...but if you can't see the screen it's worthless.  Now, the backlighting on the iPad is the way to go for me.  I've never had eyestrain from the backlighting.  Anyway, back to the iPad2.  It is easier to hold, a bit lighter and much faster.  There was absolutely no problem with the speed of my 1st Gen but I can definitely notice the difference in the upgrade.  I will be adding my 1st Gen to Craigslist in a bit.  I have to wait for my new German felt cover from Byrd and Belle to arrive.  I LOVE this cover/case.  I won't go anywhere without it.  I tried the new SmartCase by Apple.  As a screen cover it is great.  As a stand it is horrible.  I use a Griffin A Frame stand...awesome.  Anyway, I'm a rambling....point here is that I LOVE my new iPad2 :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Template designed by Andy Mae Studios